Frequently Asked Questions

    LAST UPDATED ON MAY 30, 2017

            Q: How do I contact Charlottesville Public Access Television?

            A: There are four convenient ways to contact CPA-TV
                    • click "Contact" in the navigation bar at the top of this page
                    • call (434) 970-3055 and speak with CPA-TV General Manager Cal Tate
                    • send a letter to CPA-TV, P.O. Box 911, Charlottesville, VA  22902
                    • stop by our main office within the Communications Department at City Hall, 605 E. Main St., Charlottesville, VA  22902
                       (please call us at the office before visiting in person to make sure someone is available to assist you)

            Q: How do I make a television program for broadcast on CPA-TV?

            A: Contact the CPA-TV General Manager, Cal Tate, at (434) 970-3055 and arrange for an introduction to the station.  Broadcast
                policies and procedures as well as technical standards will be discussed.  In addition, CPA-TV Membership will be discussed.
                Please read the question about Membership below for more information.

            Q: What is the CPA-TV Membership and how do I get one?

            A: CPA-TV Membership is a way of supporting your community television station by providing regular maintenance for our
                broadcast facilities, blank media, training, this website and other communication tools not currently provided for in the budget.
                It also covers your use of any equipment for which you may be certified, as well as discounts on training classes.  For further
                membership information, please click "CPA-TV Membership" under "Resources" in the navigation bar at the top of this page.

            Q: Where is Charlottesville Public Access Television shown?

            A: Exclusively on Comcast Cable, the CPA-TV coverage area includes the City of Charlottesville, Albemarle County (including
                Scottsville and Crozet), Greene County (including Stanardsville), Fluvanna County, Louisa County, Madison County and
                Orange County (including Barboursville).

            If you have any other questions about CPA-TV, please check the list above before attempting to contact us directly.  We will keep
            this list updated with the most frequently asked questions as they populate.  If you still need to contact us, please use one of the
            methods listed at the top of this page.